Saturday, February 14, 2009

things that should be cartoons

Do you remember that at one point in time there was a Jumanji cartoon? And one for the Mask as well (Jim Carrey Mask, not Cher Mask). And the Addams Family. What the fuck is up with that? No, I'm compiling a list of things there SHOULD be cartoons for. It's not too late.

1. Sister Act: I had to take a little while to really think about this one. For some reason I thought maybe it did exist, but I looked it up and nope, never happened. People in Hollywood are so boring compared to me. How can they not see the potential in a Sister Act cartoon? Can you fucking imagine the songs that could be in it? Crappy Jesus people are too busy protesting abortions to realize that if this cartoon existed everyone would be Christian (specifically Catholic) and they wouldn't even have to stand outside harrassing people. Of course that would mean they'd have to get jobs, and I know the economy is tough right now...they could always join PETA. They have a lot in common (in that they're crazy).

2. Whats Love got to do with it: Don't get me wrong, Angela Bassett was totally dead on with her Tina Turner impression, but I think that it would be a lot more powerful if done as a cartoon. It doesn't HAVE to be an ongoing series, but I wouldn't be opposed to that. I'm thinking maybe an Anime. They could show it in high schools to create awareness around dating violence. I will win an award for this one.

3. Kid Icarus: I'm a big fan of the Super Mario Brothers cartoons. The Sonic the Hedgehog ones were good at times, but I had trouble following them. The reason I'm rooting for a Kid Icarus cartoon is because I can't fucking beat that game, and I'm hoping that there could be an episode based on the last level, so I can see what happens when it's over.

4. Obama vs. Cloverfield: During Obama's inaugeration, I had this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that maybe Cloverfield would happen during his speech. Granted, it didn't, but you never know. The ocean is dangerous and nothing that lives in or near it is to be trusted. The film could follow Obama leading a group of survivors somewhere. Why waste a trillion dollars on all that CGI bullshit when cartoons exist? I'm pretty sure that Freddy vs. Jason and Alien vs. Predator did pretty good when they were released, so this one actually has potential to be in a movie theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment