Sunday, November 20, 2011

Plebeians is Right. YUCK!

So my dear friend Laura, who you may know from such stirring Lifetime movies as "Mother May I" and "Starting Over: The Laurie Metcalf Story", decided to write a scathing piece over at Squints, her online blog website, regarding my bitter hatred of Burning Man. I have decided to respond to her post because a.) I am completely correct all the time in everything I say and b.) OH NO SHE DIDN'T.

Here's something to think about: Burning Man is absolutely the worst. I would hope that the average 3B reader would see that last sentence and immediately respond with "Well OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!" but apparently I think more highly of you all than you deserve. Here's some reasons why Burning Man is atrocious. If you don't agree I'm sorry but you are mentally ill.

  • feathers
  • sand
  • nudity
  • drums
  • vague musings on "freedom" and (gag) "spirituality"
  • transcendence
  • rocks
  • the pathetic yearnings of the rich and aspiring rich
  • hive mind individuality
  • fire
  • effigies
  • cars
  • sex
  • drugs
  • the horrifying idea that anything can be art
  • dancing
  • fur (fake or real, it's all a damn shame)

Let me put it in a way that really drives home my point. If someone said that I either had to go to Burning Man or Gathering of the Juggalos, and keep in mind that suicide is not an option, I wouldn't need even a second to make up my mind. Hand me some face paint and some big pants and send in the fucking clowns.

3 comments: