Saturday, May 16, 2009

Norway is People Too (the "god hates" edition)

Tomorrow is Independence Day in Norway and even though I have no discernible connection to Norway beyond my milky white complexion, I thought I would help the Norwegian friends that I hope to one day make and borrow money from by enlightening the world to some of the contributions Norway has made. Unlike their bullshit counterpart Sweden, Norway has made the world a better place by having a city in Maine named after it. Also cities in Illinois, South Carolina, New York, a few other states and even some places in Canada. As amazing as that is, its name isn't Norway's ONLY major export. It also has fish and probably some kinds of important minerals that other countries may or may not be interested in. I bet Norway has art and music that some people know and care about as well.

Although Norway's exports are well respected by the global community (except for Ireland) the true majesty of Norway would really have to be its dedication to improving the lives of its citizens. Barely anybody starves in Norway unless it's by choice. Also, most people don't have to worry about being dropped off at some hellhole clinic because they can't afford to treat the disease they got because their government decided that abstinence only education was more useful than the twenty seconds it takes to explain how a condom works. That's pretty good. I'm sure that there's a lot more interesting things about Norway but I'm not gonna spoil it by just telling you. Go read a book about Norway. I'm absolutely sure one exists. Or just go here. Whatever ya want.

No comments:

Post a Comment